Sunday, February 17, 2013

H is for Heart

This week being Valentines week, I decided to teach H is for Heart.  There are tons of craft ideas out there for hearts and valentines so it was actually a task to narrow down the ones I wanted to do. 

We started with a heart sticker H
Then we did this Heart memory matching game.  The girls had to match upper and lowercase numbers.  Faith LOVED it and Rebekah did really well but got bored after making about 2 or 3 matches.


I got a heart punch from Michael's and used it to make this pattern activity for Faith and a sorting activity for Rebekah (along with the heart mold from Dollar General).


I also used the heart punch to do this paint shake.  A little paint in the container, fill it with the paper hearts and then shake, shake, shake.  After the paint was sufficiently mixed I had the girls glue them on a separate sheet of paper in the shape of H h.  I found these and some of the other activities on NTFFC.


I filled some medicine droppers with paint and had them dot one half of a folded heart.  The concept was a great one but the medicine droppers were pretty hard for them to use.  They liked the symmetry of pressing the heart together to make the same design on another page though so it was a good craft. 

 
We ended the week with Musical Hearts.  I wrote some actions on these foam hearts and placed them in a circle.  I played the Sabre Dance while the girls ran around the circle.  When the music stopped they had to do the action written on the heart nearest them.  We did this about 3 times a day all weekend long and it was a great energy release!

 

No comments: