Saturday, August 3, 2013

Saying Good-Bye

As we prepare to leave our home of the last 4 years, we are saying our good-byes.  It isn't like I didn't know this would happen; my husband is in the military and really 4 years in one place is a lot for us and really it is the longest we'll be anywhere again (at least while still drawing a paycheck from the USAF).  If it had to be anywhere, I am glad it was here.  I have made some of the best friends here, met some truly amazing people.  We've enjoyed a wonderful church full of people who love Jesus and challenged us at every step.  Two of our three kids have been born here; this is the only home any of them has ever really known.  Coming here was literally the best thing for Frank's Air Force career.  I know my way around this place and have gotten used to the uniquely Arkansan accent (where tin is actually ten).  All this to say, I really hate saying good-bye.  For the most part though, the people we've met and love here, we will see again, perhaps not on this side of heaven but we'll see them again when we are all looking a lot better!  So, as we leave Arkansas and move on to parts further south, I am sad at what I am leaving because of the military life we lead but am grateful that we got to come here.  Without the military we never would have ventured to such a place and found the best of folks here.  Thank you to all our Arkansas friends for stuffing this place full of memories. 


We are in our new house in Alabama now, finding our way around our new city of Montgomery.  A big thanks to my parents who made this move so smooth and pleasant!  I've found the Wal-Mart and the pool, both important places :)  Most of the boxes are gone from our house, other than the 2,000lbs of our household goods that haven't made it yet.  I am drinking tea these days because the coffee pot was part of that 2,000lbs along with our patio furniture and my measuring spoons.  The moving company said they "are working it" but gave no other indicator as to when we might see the shower curtain rod for the girls' bathroom.  There is a great play set in the backyard of our new house and we have already stained it in preparation for hours and hours of play.  We are starting our church hunt tomorrow and are excited about what God will do with our willing hearts here in Montgomery.
I don't have any pictures of the house but this is the play set and Frank working hard at staining it :)

No comments: