Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Making the Cut

The last time I got my haircut the stylist remarked that my hair was so strong and beautiful that people would pay hundreds of dollars for wigs of my hair.  Of course that made me feel good but then later it got me thinking about a post I'd seen on the Babywise mom blog about her donating her hair to Locks of Love.  After talking with Frank about it, I decided that I should cut my hair off and donate it right after he left on deployment so it would have 6 months to grow before he saw me again.  I decided to donate it Pantine Beautiful Lengths as they actually provide wigs for free to women who are going through cancer treatment where as Locks of Love, while a great organization, charges for their wigs.  So, today, I made the cut.  It was a little bit shocking to see my hair so short as it hasn't been that short in 14 years, not since my freshman year at VT.  The average person grows 1/2" of hair per month.  I cut off 8" so by the time Frank gets back I should have recovered about half of that.  Neither Faith or Rebekah seemed to mind much, although Faith really wanted to get her hair cut too!

No comments: