Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Faith August 2 Years and 10 Months

I can't believe Faith is almost 3!  Where has the time gone?? 


Sleeping:
This is kind of a "skill" topic but because it effects her sleep I'll put it here.  On January 31st she asked to wear panties to bed and I told her okay.  The next morning she woke up with dry panties and a huge smile of accomplishment on her face.  I am so proud of her.  She has only had 1 accident at night at the writing of this post an I couldn't be prouder of her.  She calls for me when she needs to go in the middle of the night and always goes right back to sleep.  Her naps are getting a little better in that she doesn't have as many days during the week of not sleeping.  I am glad I pushed through that phase because I love naptime :)
Eating:
She is getting better about using her fork.  I think our praise of Rebekah's fork use has spurred her desire for recognition in this as well.  I am good with that!  She knows she has to eat 2 bites of everything on her plate because she is 2 and that soon she will have to eat 3!  She did announce one day that Rebekah would eat one bit of something, she would eat two, and I would eat thirty-two!  I think I told her my age one time, several months ago and she remembered.  I don't think I'll ever mention my weight.
Playing:Faith is a great sharer and she loves playing with Rebekah.  Their sister playtime continues to go really well.  She also loves solo playtime and practically runs into her room when it is time.  I have started having them both help me with some dinner preparations after naptime and Faith really enjoys helping with this.  It is usually something easy like buttering bread or measuring out ingredients and I try to stay away from the stove (especially with Rebekah) but it has been a great addition to our routine. 
Skills:
Faith has done a lot in the skills department this month.  After seeing that her friend Mackenzie (2 months older) could go potty without any help, Faith decided she was also up to this task and she is!  We started toddler gymnastics class as well this month and Faith LOVES it.  Her friend Mackenzie also goes and I must brag that they are the most well behaved and attentive little kids in the class.  Faith's new love is doing somersaults (which inspires Rebekah to try as well although hers are just resting her head on the ground whereas Faith actually completes the roll).  The class also has the kids hanging on the uneven bars, jumping on the trampoline, as well as some floor exercises.  We go once a week for 45 minutes and it has been a great addition to our routine.  Faith is also learning to zipper her own jacket and can successfully put it on as well in the most creative way which Sabrina taught us.  Everyone marvels at it.  She comes up to the coat at the hood (laying it inside facing up) and puts her arms in the holes and then flips it over her head.  It works great everytime.  Faith's other huge accomplishment this month has been learning her number by site.  When we were at the Wonder Place during Daddy's R&R I found a number floor puzzle on clearance and decided it might be fun.  Whoa!  Faith loves it.  She wants to play with it all the time.  She is really motivated to learn her numbers and now points them out whenever she sees them, including our house number which she told me the other day.  I am so proud of her!

No comments: