Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Going to St Louis

I grabbed the girls (and my Walther PPK) at 0500 on Thursday morning and drove to St Louis.  The drive up there was great; we took US 67, stopped in Poplar Bluff, MO at the awesome McDonalds where the girls had a blast playing in the playland and arrived at the Dalrymples house just before naptime.  I finished the audiobook version of Truman by David McCoullough on the way so it was even a productive.
Frog slide at the Mascouta Pool
Shopping at TJs
While in town I stayed up late almost every night talking to Danielle, had dinner with the Browns and their girls, spent an entire day with the Morse family, shopped at Trader Joe's, hung out at the Magic House with the Kerfoots who'd driven in from DC, went to a Cardinals game, and even managed to see Frank's grandparents twice.  Now that I am back, I feel like I need a vacation from my vacation!  It was a wonderful trip and I am so glad that I went.  It was so nice to see our friends and family.  The girls did great despite missed naps and late bedtimes.  We rolled in this morning about 2am and needless to say I am still exhausted but it was still worth it. 
Faith got to do so much, I am not sure she could tell you her favorite!  The Mascouta pool with Danielle and Piper was definitly a hit.  The bounce house at the Morse's was hand clapping excitement; the Magic House was AWESOME; the shopping cart at Trader Joe's is still being talked about, as are the Dalrymples and Great Grandma and Pop.  She had an excellent time.  Rebekah was a trooper although she was on the losing end of missing naps but she still did great and really improved her crawling skills while we were there.  I think for her the best part was Lilly and Lola who were her constant companions at Obie and Danielle's house but of course I never could get it on video becuase the dogs would stop making her laugh as soon as I turned the camera on!  The below pictures are at the Lewis and Clark exhibit of the Magic House.  Rebekah didn't want to get dressed up but both Claire Kerfoot and Faith dressed as Sacagawea!

No comments: