Saturday, December 24, 2011

Faith August - 2 Years and 8 Months

Faith is such a cute little mama.  She still loves her dolly but has taken a new interest in certain stuffed animals and is equally as loving to them.  She is always very concerned if the dolly or bunny is crying and wants to make it better.  She loves babies and looking at them and talking about them and is very gentle when touching them. 
This month has been filled with Faith singing!  She has always loved to be sung to and she has always enjoyed singing but this month she has become so much better at remember the words after only hearing a song a few times.  She knows all 4 verses to We Three Kings and The Friendly Beasts (a new favorite carol!)  She also really enjoys and knows most of the words to Two Steppin' Round the Christmas Tree and Cowboy Christmas both songs my dad has been shamelessly playing for her at every opportunity.  As a side note, Rebekah gets incredibly excited when hearing the intro to these two songs as well.
Feeding the ducks in St George
Sleeping:
Nighttime sleep continues to go well, she is not really interested in nighttime potty training and I don't want to push it because I enjoy my sleep too :)  I figured once we back to AR I will start a sticker chart with her again and see how it goes.  Naps are still good but she has about 2 days every 2 weeks where she just doesn't sleep.  She is quiet but she just never falls asleep.  It is a reminder for me that eventually naps will turn to rest time and then unfortunately disappear all together, what a sad day that will be but I don't foresee it for several years. 
Eating:
I realized I hadn't put this in but for several months now, Faith has really like to eat her food whole, without me cutting it up.  She also REALLY enjoys dipping her food in some kind of sauce or condiment.  My parents drink a lot of coffee and have a cup with nearly every meal so I have been letting Faith have some (decaf) every once in a while.  I usually pour about a tablespoon in her milk and she will drink it that way.  Faith was the first to catch a 24 hour stomach bug this month that was passed to both me and my mother the next day.  The day she was sick she of course ate very little but about 2 days later her appetite returned and she continues to be a good eater.
Skills:
Faith is really enjoying writing letters on her doodle pro.  She does really well, actually, I am continually impressed.  I don't know if this is a skill per say but she has become much more confident in pouring water on her own face and head.  While wrapping presents for Christmas she learned how to tie a simple knot.  She really enjoys cutting paper and fabric which I let her do while I am sewing.  Her vocabulary continues to improve and she is a little parrot whenever my parents and I especially are talking.  She continues to parrot what I say in my reading.
Playing:
Faith is really doing very well and sharing with Rebekah; I am continually proud of her for playing so nicely with Rebekah.  She occasionally has a hard time with the fact that during free play the toys that are in Rebekah's purple bin belong to her and Faith can't get them out by herself.  She will insist that she is sharing but I have had to remind her that those toys are Rebekah's to share.  That usually seems to do the trick.  She is currently in love with the doll house my sister got her for Christmas.  She loves playing with it alone and with me.  Twice this month we've travelled to Las Vegas to visit my sister and Faith really loves hanging with her cousin, Sophie who is 9 months younger than Faith.  It is really sweet the way they enjoy each other.  We've visited the Cedar City Aquatic Center several times this month as well and she really enjoys that, although she doesn't really like the water splashing on her head.
Our Schedule: (very fluid except for meal and sleep times!)
0800 - Up, bready for the day, breakfast
0900 - Freeplay or errands
1000 - Outdoor time
1100 - Craft, get lunch ready
1200 - Lunch
1300 - Freeplay
1415 - Nap
1630 - Snack, solo play
1800 - Dinner, reading time, bath, Bible story, bedtime o/a 1950
 

No comments: