Friday, March 23, 2012

Life with 4

No, we didn't have 2 more babies in the last week but we did have a 100% increase in the number of kiddos in our house for the last 5 days.  My dear friend Sabrina chaperoned the 9th grade girls on a mission trip to Arlington, TX and rather than drop her kids off at the CDC all day and have Tor alone to deal with them at night, I volunteered to take them for the week.  What a great way of supporting missions without having to chaperon 12 pre-teen girls!  They basically moved in here and then Tor came over for dinner and to put them to bed.  It has been a tiring but awesome experience having what essentially amounts to two sets of twins.  With my new mini-van I was even able to take all 4 kids in their car seats out of the house nearly everyday.  The 5 of us went to the commissary one day where the little ones rode in the car cart and the big girls were my helpers in procuring our foodstuffs for the week.  I got many interesting looks from the mostly geriatric patrons of the commissary who were there with me but I told them how full my heart was to have such a wonderful troop to shop with.  All 4 kids nap basically at the same time but are spread throughout the house so I really haven't been able to sew but I have gotten a lot of reading done!  I haven't gotten a full night's sleep in a week but it is always the fault of a different child each night, so they are at least all sleeping well :)  Seriously though, I learned a good deal about myself, my kids, and Sabrina's kids through this whole experience and I would totally do it again anytime.

No comments: