Saturday, April 21, 2012

Letter of the Week - M, N, O

Just a little behind here but I think this is just going to be the way it is :)

Okay, apparently I didn't take any pictures of our M projects but I do remember what they were!  We made a Moose which the girls LOVED!  I painted their right foot brown and then both their hands and they stamped a paper and then later we glued eyes on the Moose.  We also glued cotton balls to a mouse.  For meals we had meatloaf and mashed potatoes, mushrooms, and manacotti.

For N we used Nest. We made the nests out of some excelsior and then I hid eggs in the yard. In the eggs were the LOW capital and lower case Ns. The girls LOVED this activity which was pretty exciting since I came up with it that morning while running :) We also made counting sticks (1-5) and the girls really enjoyed that as well.  Meals this week were: pesto with pine nuts and naan.




For O, we made foam octopus with pipe cleaner legs.  One day we ripped paper and glued it to an owl.  During preschool we also did a "How Many Legs" game where I printed out about 6 pictures of different animals (including a snake) and the girls had to identify how many legs each picture showed.  They enjoyed this game which made me happy.  For our meals here we ate: black olives, oranges, french onion soup, and onion rings.

No comments: