Monday, September 17, 2012

LOW - C

We had a great time with C this week!  I found two great crafts on No Time For Flash Cards both for the Letter C and the Egg Carton Caterpillar.

Here the girls are doing the motions I made up for the Little Caterpillar song!

 
We took serious advantage of the slighly cooler weather and did our painting outside in the evening.

 
One afternoon Faith and I made some delicious Chocolate Chip Cookies and that night we made some pretend ones with an idea from Homeschool Creations.  Faith really enjoyed painting with the shaving cream paint.  After painting we rolled the dice to determine how many foam "chips" to put on their cookies.  This craft helped to re-inforce the circle and the C aspect of pre-school this week.


During gymnastics class this week, I had the girls glue cherrios to a C.  Faith also did the LOW C is for caterpillar paperwork and she did excellent!  I wanted to include this picture to show how Faith wrote her name on the her work, a perfect mirror image!  I don't know what that means exactly but she is getting so much better at her letters!
 
For our family day we went for coffee.  The look on Faith's face when I told her that Daddy didn't like coffee was priceless.  It looked something like "why would anyone not love this?" 
After our coffee time, we did a coffee sensory activity which I was as excited about as the girls!  This activity was a HUGE hit.  It had been raining all day so we ended up doing the activity in the garage which was not ideal but it worked and now my garage smells great!  I bought the cheapest coffee the commissary sells, some coffee scoops, mugs, filters, and cheap creamer from the Dollar Store, as well as emptying out some of my own creamer containers that had a really easy open lid.  I poured the cheaper creamer into them and the coffee grounds into one of our tubs and let them go to town.  I had also saved some of my own used coffee grounds but that didn't work out so well as it just made the grounds clumpy so in the future I will only used dry grounds.


The girls had such a great time!  They were fully engaged for about 45 minutes with the play and after that even the clean-up was a blast!  It was some good messy fun!

 
 Our books for this week were the classic Very Hungry Caterpillar and Bob and Otto a story of two friends, a caterpillar and an earthworm.  It was cute and the girls really liked it.  Rebekah loved talking about the caterpillar still being hungry! 

 


No comments: