Monday, March 4, 2013

Grace AnneMarie - 17 Weeks

My first real cold since Grace was born has hit me this week so rather than sewing during naps I am trying to keep my feet up which means my updates will actually happen!  At her appointment on Monday she was 14lbs 2oz, 24.1 inches, and her head is 41.7cm around.
Grace loves to smile :)  It is so sweet and I just love it.

Eating:
Nursing is still going fine; sessions last about 15 minutes except for the 7am feed which takes about 30 minutes.  I gave her some cereal on Friday; by Monday she started ingesting some, but not much.  I love making baby food and I know Grace's sisters are going to enjoy it too so I am excited to get her there.  She is not upset about the spoon or anything but just learning how to take it.  I've been giving her cereal at her 7am and 1pm feedings.

Sleeping:
I still can't believe that Grace is such a great napper!  Of course her greatness is taking a little backseat this week to her skill development.  She is working on rolling over from her back to her tummy and she is working on it rather than napping.  So, after about 30 minutes of rolling over practice, she goes either in her car seat or the swing to get that nap in.  I am certain once she gets this skill down, her naps will go back to being good.  Until then, her naps in her carseat are great :)
Dropping the DF didn't float the night I tried it two weeks ago.  So, I am back to rolling back the DF and will try dropping it again in a few weeks.  Right now we are at 10pm and I would like to get it to 9:30 next week. Grace has been waking up happy in the mornings which is pretty nice!
Last night she woke up at 0130 and had a little conversation with herself for about 15 minutes and then went back to sleep.  Who knows.

Skills:
Last week she rolled from her tummy to her back several times.  She has started grabbing the caterpillar in her play gym but I think it is more accidental than purposeful.  Again, she is working on rolling from back to tummy as well; hopefully she figures that out soon :)

No comments: