Friday, March 15, 2013

Grace AnneMarie - 19 Weeks



Sleeping –
Hooray for my 12 hour sleeper!  On March 8th I got her up for the DF and she was fighting me the entire time I was trying to latch her on and I decided she didn’t need this anymore.  The next night she slept 11 ½ hours!  She has been a solid 12 hour sleeper ever since!  She is taking naps 2 and 3 in her carseat right now.  In her bed she is just way too concerned with rolling around to bother with sleeping.  Her first nap goes fine in her bed and in her carseat, the other 2 naps go very well.  I remember being so concerned that Faith slept so well in her carseat for naps, way better than her bed, and it came to nothing.  They both sleep 12 hours in their bed so basically I don’t care if Grace takes every nap in her carseat from now until she can’t fit into it anymore. 
Eating –
Nursing continues to go well.  One other clue I had that the DF was on the wain was Grace’s increase in the amount she took at bedtime.  That has always been Frank’s bottle and I pump for it.  For a long while she would only take 3oz and then about a week before the DF was dropped she was taking 4 with no fight and then 5.  Since dropping the DF, I’ve been giving her whatever I pump at the 7pm and 10pm times combined, usually somewhere between 6-8oz.  She consistently takes at least 6. 
We started cereal at 17 weeks and after about 4 days she actually ingested some.  I started peas this week and by her 3rd serving she was actually enjoying them.  I love making my own baby food.  Faith and Rebekah helped me make the peas for Grace and I know they are going to enjoy making more for her as time goes on.  They cannot be part of the feeding right now though because Grace is way more interested in them than in eating.  So, she gets her solids after the 7am nursing before the girls are up and then after the 1pm nursing when they are in solo play.
Skills –
Grace rolled from her tummy to her back multiple times about 2 weeks ago but then decided it was more fun to work on back to tummy.  She has it down for the most part and has really become a tummy sleeper because of it although her right arm does tend to get pinned under her but she doesn’t seem to mind, as long as that left thumb is available for soothing.  She has also found her feet and is grabbing them at every opportunity.  She is grasping objects but mostly by accident right now.  In another week it will be more purposeful.    She started laughing out loud too!  She doesn’t laugh that loudly or often but it is certainly a giggle. 
She has the greatest smile, it will light up a room.  She is so happy and content.  She makes me want to have a dozen more just like her!

No comments: