Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Grace AnneMarie - 5 Months (21 weeks & 3 days)

Grace AnneMarie is still the happiest baby!  She loves life and loves people.  I constantly hear comments about how happy she is and how much joy is in her face. 

Sleeping:
Grace just got over her first real cold last week.  During the 2 weeks of that cold, she was really congested throughout the day and night.  I started putting her in her carseat at night to relieve the congestion as well as getting her some wool socks and doing the wet sock treatment on her.  Additionally, I am in love with my nose frida nasal aspirator!  Her sleep improved and she is feeling much better now and out of her carseat for naps & nighttime.  However, her naps have gone down hill!  I don't know if it is due to her cold or what but most naps seem to go for about 30 minutes, then cry for a few minutes and then it is a constant cycle of crying for a few minutes followed by 10 minutes of sleep.  About 45 minutes before her nap is supposed to be over I've been putting her in her swing to make sure she does get some sleep.  I'll keep troubleshooting (tummy sleep, carseat, timing) but for now, I am okay with putting her in the swing for the second part of her nap as long as she falls asleep on her own at the beginning of them. 
Eating:
Nursing continues going well. 4 nursings a day and one 7oz-ish bottle (which consists of the expressed milk from 7pm and right before bed).  So, I only have a few frozen bags of milk but I am not worried about needing more.  With two other little ones at home, I don't have a desire or the capability to leave for long stretches of time where I would need vast quantities of stored up milk.  As for solids, I gave her acorn squash yesterday and she loved it (who wouldn't!).  We've done peas, carrots, green beans, and now acorn squash.   She gets about 1T of oatmeal or rice cereal after her morning nursing and then 1 ice cube tray square (so about 1oz) of veggies after her 1pm nursing. 
Skills:
Now that she has mastered rolling over (both directions) she is not too keen on doing it anymore.  I put her down on her tummy and she stays there, same with her back.  I don't know if she forgot or just that she doesn't feel the need to continually prove it over and over.  She does really well on tummy time and is incredibly strong with her neck.  In the last few days I have begun sitting her up and she has supported her upper body with her hands for a few seconds. 

No comments: