Monday, September 5, 2011

Grandparents Visit

My parents went canoeing for a week in the Boundry Waters near Ely, Minnesota and then drove down to AR to spend a little time with us.  I had procured a construction staple in one of my tires and was so glad my dad was here to convince me to take the car to the auto shop on base rather than just ignore the dash indicator light as I was wanting to do.  Dads are so good for that kind of thing.  He also helped me mow the lawn; actually he helped me do the edging because I can use the mower just fine but the edger is impossible for someone of my height to use!  We spent lots of time at the park and playing and although we didn't do anything super exciting, the girls loved having their grandparents here and I really enjoyed the company.  My mom insisted on doing the dishes every night and just that was a huge blessing.  They took Lady back to Utah with them and we will join them in October.  Incidently, I have taught Faith to sing "London Bridge" and at the end she has added a tag line "my fair Lady, is in Utah!"
Here are some pictures from their visit:

Reading with Granddad; this was a constant activity!

Rebekah getting some dancing lessons from Granddad, the best teacher!

Gran and the girls during out lawn care marathon.

No comments: