Monday, September 5, 2011

The Fall

Faith and I spent two weeks on the story of the fall of man, although there was a craft break during our trip to St Louis.  We read Genesis 3 as our Bible story in the morning and evening and then during the crafts that related to that story.  I am amazed at her memory but I am learning the scripture verbatum as well by reading it so many times per day!
This is the fingerprint painting we made of the tree of knowledge of good and evil - she loved this craft, mostly because it involved paint!


We made two serpent crafts, one in which she threaded the squares of felt onto a ribbon with a button at one end and the other was a paper chain snake with some wiggle eyes at one end.  With both snakes she really wanted to put them around her belly but none of the pictures I took turned out well with the snake in that position.

I got to watch the Langehaug children the day we made the forbidden fruit out of a paperbag stuffed with newspaper.  The girls enjoyed painting the bags red but I think they were wondering why they only got one color.  I guess I am just too conventional!

What craft series would be complete without a play-doh day?  Please note Adam and Eve wearing their aprons, as this was after the fall while they were hiding from God.  Faith enjoys doing the voice of God saying "Adam, where art thou?"

No comments: