Saturday, September 10, 2011

Noah Found Grace

Faith and I are finishing up our 2 weeks studying Noah and the flood.  This has been the first craft series where I've really seen Faith put the story and the crafts together.  Several times while reading our Bible story in the evening she would say "remember Mama, remember when we made...." and here she would say whatever craft corresponded to what we just read (the rain, the animals, the dove, the rainbow).  It was exciting to she her little mind working.  We also sang two songs this week: Noah Found Grace in the Eyes of the Lord by the Statler Brothers and The Animals Went Marching Two by Two which is on an album of kids Bible songs that I have on my iPod for the girls.
Using a medicine and a dropper filled with blue colored water, she made it "rain" on Noah's ark.  This craft was a huge hit!!

I found this one on a blog called "a little mcd".  I cut out blue paper to make the sea and taped it to some white construction paper.  Then out of tan paper I cut an ark on the fold.  On the inside of the ark she put stickers of land animals and then in the sea she put stickers of sea creatures. 

I printed out about 20 different animal picutres (2 of each) and put the pages through my laminator and cut out each animal.  Then I spread them on her table and had her find the matching animals and put them over on the floor rug.  Perhaps the next time this story comes around I will have her build some kind of ark first and then have the kids put the animals from this matching game "in" the ark.

I found this rainbow rice craft on a blog called Toddler Brain.  I took one cup of rice and about a TBSP and a half of vinegar and put them in an old yogurt container.  Then we added the food coloring and shook it up!  I poured out the rice onto a foil lined cookie sheet and baked the rainbow at 170 for about 15 minutes. 

When it was dry and Rebekah was up from her nap we went outside to enjoy the cooler weather and play with the rice.  The girls had a BLAST playing with it!


"And lo, in her mouth was an olive leaf pluckt off." - Gen 8:11.  Faith loved saying this verse, I have no idea why but the olive leaf was exciting for her to talk about.  The dove hand print template came from dltk-bible.com.  I also found the olive leaf there but in a different place.  I traced Faith's hands and used them as the dove's wings and her top feathers. 

No comments: