Saturday, June 9, 2012

Esther

Our Bible story this week was on Esther which is a really long book to condense into a 3 year old's attention span but I think we did okay with it.  The sermon series this summer at church is on Esther so this Sunday the Pastor talked about her more which always help bring home the point!  Our first "craft" for Esther was a beauty treatment day.  I did the Mary Kay Satin Hands treatment on the girls to start.  Then I painted their toe nails and ended with a quick facial which was comprised of washing their faces with the pre-moistened cloths, and putting a dot of foundation on them and some lip gloss.  They all had a pretty good time and I do love having a chance to be girly with my girls :)

Another craft was our Haman's Hats which I found the idea for here and I just taped two pieces of construction paper together and then let the girls paint the hats.  When they were dry I folded them up.  Using newspaper would have worked much better and next time I will probably use just a large sheet of easel paper instead. 

Finally we made a Queen Esther crown, adapted from this craft.  I bought pony beads from Walmart along with some cheap headbands and although our crowns look more like alien head wear, the girls LOVE them and Faith at least remembers it is Esther's crown and that is all that really matters.  Faith asked to wear hers to a party we went to on Friday night and I let her.  She was so proud of it and told everyone it was her crown like Esther's!


No comments: