Saturday, June 9, 2012

Letter of the Week - V



V is a hard letter, not because few words start with it but I wanted to make sure I used an example that Faith would understand, like volcano might be great in a few years but for now I decided to stick with Vegetables and it worked out great.  We read The Vegetables We Eat and that is an awesome book!  Both girls loved it and I learned something from it too!
For our first craft I printed out pictures of various vegetables and they glued them on a paper plate and we talked about each one.  I was surprised how much Rebekah remembered throughout the week, that little girl is so smart!
 
 For the our visual V, I cut out vegetables and had the girls glue them to the V.  After our ants on a log snack the girls went outside and played a vegetable hide and seek.  Faith got this awesome vegetable set for her birthday so I pre-hid half the vegetable out in the yard and the other half of the veggie was in a basket.  The girls had to find the vegetable and match it with the other half and tell me what it was.  We played it twice and they really enjoyed it!


Later in the week we did some vegetable painting which I found on first palette.  I cut up various types of vegetables and put paint in bowls for the girls to dip the vegetables and use them as their brushes and stamps.



I cut an F and an R out of the potato and Faith was pretty excited about that!

Here are our final creations!
Meals this week were Vegetable Soup and Vodka Cream Sauce Pasta.  For our family night, we actually did a family morning and went to breakfast and then stopped off at a local farmer's market so the girls could look at all the vegetables.  It went over really well with them, especially because they got tons of free samples, it pays to be cute :)

No comments: