Saturday, November 12, 2011

Rebekah Joy - 13 Months

My little pumpkin is such a cutie! This has been quite a busy month for Rebekah and she has borne it remarkably well.  We temporarily left Arkansas to stay with my parents in southern Utah for the remainder of the year.  She has been inundated with new sights, new people, new places, a new bed, and has kept her smile through it all.
Sleep:
Although it was a little rough during the first few days after our arrival in the west, her nighttime sleep continues well.  She, her sister, and I all managed to share a room on several occasions at my sister's house in Las Vegas as well as visiting some friends in Salt Lake City and we all slept very well  in such close quarters.  Although I don't think she is ready to drop her morning nap, she doesn't necessarily need it everyday.  Towards the end of this month I have begun experimenting with giving her a morning nap two days out of every three.  My goal is for her afternoon nap to be longer than 45 minutes or an hour which is where is started to get to around the middle of the month.  We are still in the trial phase right now but it seems to be working.
Eating:
She continues to eat like a little piggy, after I make sure she gets all her milk which is 18oz a day (8 at breakfast, 5 at lunch, and 5 at dinner).  We have had a few incidents with fish and chicken in her refusing to eat them.  I offer her whatever I think she is going to like the least as the first course in her meal and nothing else until she finishes that.  I have also started correcting her for crying when she sees what I put on her tray.  Really she only cries when she sees that it is meat.  Veggies, fruit, bread, cheese, she does great with all of those.
Skills:
My sister lent us my niece's walker and that has really helped improve Rebekah's walking skills.  At the beginning of the month she was straight kneed in walking but now she is cruising everywhere and bending both her knees when you walk with her.  She has learnt to roll a ball and I know she is trying to say "sister" when she sees Faith.  She is also imitating our speech a great deal and blabbing away all the time.  She still has yet to attempt to say "Mama" but we hadn't been her a week and she was already working on "Granddad"!  She has also started to dance! 
Play:
Her solo play has actually started to improve.  I don't know if my playing the Mozart Horn Concertos during her solo play has helped but she is quieter now!  She has solo play in her bed here in Utah so I can watch her on the camera and she does a lot of laying down clutching her doll or other stuffed animal that I give her to play with but there is some play that goes on as well.  She and Faith are doing very well with Sister play.  I actually do it in my room while I am getting ready in the adjoining bathroom and it works well.  There are 2 play areas in the house here in Utah and Rebekah enjoys the different toys in both of them and is good about respecting Faith's bin as being off limits until a toy is taken out and left by her sister. 
Our Schedule:
This is a lot more fluid now that we are at my parents' house, who are both retired but this is loosely what we do each day:
0800 - Wake, dress, breakfast, sister play
0915 - Freeplay upstairs (if it is a nap skipping day we try to go out to the park, pool, or run errands here)
1030 - Nap; I wake her at 1130 if she isn't already up
1130 - Kitchen play
1200 - Lunch
1245 - Outside time (walk, park, etc.)
1400 - Nap
1600 - Snack, Freeplay with Mommy, Freeplay downstairs, solo play
1800 - Dinner
1845 - Reading time, bath, Bible story, bedtime o/a 2001


 

No comments: