Sunday, November 27, 2011

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving is hands down my favorite holiday.  It has everything to do with family and food; it is the one celebration that hasn't been turned into a consumer frenzy and candy gorging free for all; it can't be secularized (although the godless media tries) because it begs the question of "to Whom are we Thankful?"  I am so thankful to God that my husband is the man that he is, taking care of his family and sacrificing time with them to protect and secure the freedom of many.  I am also thankful that I have wonderful parents to stay with during the holidays while my brave husband is overseas.  We celebrated Thanksgiving a week early this year to accomidate work schedules.  My uncle and his family drove down from Wyoming with my other aunt who flew in from Florida.  My sister and her family came up from Las Vegas and we had a FULL house for the weekend but it was great and I wouldn't have had it any other way.  The girls both slept in my room and did great, I even loved hearing the peals of laughter way to early in the morning becase they were making each other laugh.  My two cousins, Janna (15) and Johnnie Leigh (13) were so great with the girls, and the girls adored them.  Just yesterday Faith announced that she was going to live in Wyoming with them!  In addition to a bounty of delicious food, all of the women (and there were a lot of us) went down to the Cedar City Aquatic Center and had a blast playing in the warm (indoor) pool.  It was a wonderful celebration and I am thankful that God has blessed me with such a family.



 

No comments: